Friday, May 20, 2005

Melon Grapefruit Salad

That was the salad i made yesterday. It turned out.....ok, i guess...but nothing amazing. It was a mix of grapefruit, honeydew (it was hard and kinda bad), strawberry vinager (thanks again mom) and dijon mustard with a SMALL amount of honey. Man, that was SSOOOO SOUR!!!!! Crystal and i could barely eat the sour sour salad. Between the grapefruit and the strawberry vinager.... there was nowhere near enough honey. Then crystal and i slathered the entire thing with, like, half a bottle of honey. Then it was really good. THe sweet sour combination between the honey and the strawberry vinager was really really good. I don't think i'd make it again, but it wasn't too bad.

I also made corn chowder. Now that was an amazing soup! It turned out soooo good! We're not talking some wussy little clear soup with a couple tiny chunks floating in it, we're talking like a stew so thick you could eat it with a fork haha. It tasted so good. I totally dazzled the people at unique with my awesome corn chowder. It didn't look too prety because the pasta soaked up all the water in the soup, but it tasted amazing :)

So, Star wars tonight. Should be pretty good, i'm sure. I hope they have a lightsaber battle as cool as the one between Darth Maul and Obi-Wan and Qui-gon Jin. That was the ultimate light saber battle ever. I also really really really really hope they kill of every single Gungan. I HATE those guys! Jar Jar sucks soooo much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dale! Very nice blog, tonight has been really fun and im really glad u enjoyed starwars. Its been a 28 year journey for Lucas and heh heh well I guess u could say 23 journey for me, but I haven't started watching starwars til I was like 3 or 4. Definately has been a 6 year wait since ep I. Nice receipies u have, any for fancy steak and lobster? =D

Luv ya!
Ray