Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Kim!

So, kim's stay with me for the next 6 weeks became official today... I got Kim her own set of keys.

I had my first day of subbing today. I honestly think today was the most BORING day of subbing i've ever had. I got called to sub for the core french/arts ed teacher. I got to the school, and her day plan had me watching a video with the first two classes, listening to a song and writing notes with the third and coloring pictures with the fourth... it was SO BORING! Really. I feel like i achieved nothing all morning, and i don't think the kids learned that much either. Not only was it boring, but i swear, the first two classes were like zombies! These are elementary kids. I am accustumed to having a backround buzz of energy in the class at all times lol. You can try to get rid of it if you want, but it won't work. That energy is always there.... so i thought. I had to fight with the vcr for a sec to get it to work. I turned my back to the class and fiddled with it. For a normal grade 6 class, this would be immediately interpreted as a chance to talk quietly among themselves (if you are lucky) or act up and be stupid (if you are not so lucky lol). The class was so dead quiet, you could have heard a pin drop. I turned to make sure they were still there (haha) and they were all sitting in their desks STARING AT ME. I swear, some even had their hands folded! Who actually does that nowdays? After the video i would ask the class a question... and they would all just stare at me some more. No kids jumping in their seats... no hands up.... no yelling answers.... nothing! I swear... this is a class of zombies. Luckily the 3rd and 4th had some energy to them. I'd rather have an overly enthusiastic, energetic, noisy class than the void that i saw in the other class. The first two just weren't natural. I didn't know what to do with them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have shown them the hufu video!

www.eathufu.com.

WE MUST BEGIN NATURALIZATION AND REHABILIATION OF ZOMBIES! NO MORE SHALL OUR ZOMBIE BRETHREN BE LEFT IN THE COLD! WE CANNOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST THE ZOMBIES!

Ryan