Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Crockpot!

So, i got a new crockpot for christmas. It is fabulous. It's a fair size, and a nice oval shape. I absolutely adore it. Thank you Crystal, Ted and Laura!

I broke in my crockpot today. I found a recipe, and i made split pea soup with ham, with biscuts on the side. It took about 15 minutes this morning to throw everything in the pot and turn it on. I came home very hungry after work at the daycare, around 6, and walked up to my door to unlock it... Even through the closed door into my basement, i could smell the pea soup. It smelled fantastic. I made biscuts... and it tasted as good as it smelled. It was just like the authentic pea soup i used to get in quebec. It was so thick i could have eaten it with a fork... just how i like it.

One of my favorite meals on the farm is when mom used to make soup. It was always so hot and thick...with fresh biscuts.... in winter that just can't be beat. I already have a recipe all lined up to make lentil soup soon.....as soon as the pea soup is gone lol. I have about 4 meals worth of pea soup left hahaha. I guess that's one of the things about cooking for one lol. Oh well.... i guess i won't have to cook anything major for a couple days now.

I'd have posted a pic of my fabulous soup, but ray still has the webcam. As well.... it wasn't exactly a pretty soup. I don't think pea soup ever is haha.

No comments: