Monday, January 28, 2008

ATC swap day

So, my goal of doing something creative every day is going well :). Yesterday was a great day. Once a month, there is an ATC (artist trading card) swap here in my city. I was at the swap yesterday, and totally had a great time. Not only did i trade all 9 cards i had ready for this, i also got lots of stuff.

I would say my favorite parts of ATC swaps are the 'perks'. For those of you who may not know, an artist trading card is a piece of art 2.5 by 3.5 inches, that you trade with other artists. Therefor, since they are fairly small, you often have LOTS of leftovers when you create a project using a certain bought material. Whether it be fabric, paper, ribbons, lace... pretty much anything... there is always extra left over. So people bring these leftovers to the swaps. You get to take home some of their extras, and give up some of the extra stuff you have. I just love it. Others people's stuff is always more interesting than your own! hahahha

Today is starting out as a pretty good day too. Finished off 2 atcs that i'd been waiting for the printed water slide transfer paper:



It's too bad that they don't scan very well. THere is too much 3D texture to them for my scanner to handle. I really do need a new scanner. There has to be a better way....

So now i'm just chilling on my computer, listening to some Panic! at the Disco and some Streetlight Manifesto. If you aren't familliar with the Streetlight Manifesto and you like music that has some energy and some brass to it, i would highly recomend checking these guys out! Here's a song of theirs with a cool video on YouTube.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you can start taking pictures of the card instead of scanning them??

Dale said...

i may try that :)